Co-Teaching Online Training
Co-Teaching is defined as two educators who "Co-Plan, Co-Instruct, and Co-Assess a group of students with diverse needs in the same general education classroom." Information on the new cooperating teacher requirements (16 KAR 5:040) can be found at: http://www.epsb.ky.gov/mod/page/view.php?id=14
As a co-teaching participant you will need to complete Parts A, B, and C of the online Co-Teaching Training. These trainings are required of all cooperating teachers and must be completed to be eligible to host a teacher candidate. Co-Teaching Information is located under Field Placement and Student Teaching (under Division of Educator Preparation, Assessment and Internship) on the EPSB site.
- Part A: Basic responsibilities of a cooperating teacher supervisor (Edmodo Quiz)
- Part B: Best practice in supporting a student teacher (Training)
- Part C: Effective assessment of the student teacher (Murray State Cooperating Teacher Handbook)
Part A: Basic responsibilities of a cooperating teacher supervisor (Edmodo Quiz)
1. Click here to begin.
2. Scroll down the page to Edmodo and review information under Additional resources.
3. Click the link for the 16 KAR 5:040 Text and Explanation document
4. Click the link for directions to access the Cooperating Teacher group.
5. After careful review of 16 KAR 5:040 Text and Explanation document and attaining a score of 15/15 on the quiz send an email to Sharon Salsman at EPSB at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include your EPSB ID# in your email. Ms. Salsman will send you a certificate via e-mail that you should keep on file that verifies that you have successfully completed Part A of the Co-Teaching Training.
6. Once you receive your certificate of completion for Part A of the Co-Teaching Training forward a copy of the email with the attached certificate to Jeanie Robertson, Coordinator of Student Teaching, at email@example.com
Contact Brandon Harrod at firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have a problem accessing the Edmodo quiz.
Part B: Best practice in supporting a student teacher (KACTE Developed Training)
For instructions regarding Part B Co-Teaching Training, please contact Jeanie Robertson at email@example.com
Part C: Effective assessment of the student teacher
2. If you are assigned a Fall semester student teacher your Cooperating Teacher Packet will be mailed to you by the end of July. If you are assigned a Spring semester student teacher your Cooperating Teacher Packet will be mailed to you by the end of December.