Checklist for exchange students
After you have received acceptance at your university, you will need to complete and submit the following materials to Murray State University:
- International Student Admission Application
- DS-2019 Information Form
- Transcript Release Form
- TOEFL score of 71 or higher with no band below 16 (waived for University of Sunderland students, Kansai Gaidai students, Helia students, Yeditepe University students, Bahcesehir University, and Okan University students)
- Certified Transcripts of all college coursework
- Financial statement providing proof of support while at Murray State
- Proof of insurance (or you can purchase insurance here after your arrival)
- Murray State Housing Application and Deposit of $150 (Murray State housing application and deposit must be filled out online. The application cannot be processed without the deposit) OR College Courts Application and Deposit of $150 (Murray State housing application and deposit must be filled out online. The application cannot be processed without the deposit)
- Universität Regensburg students will also need to speak with the Auslandsamt about required additional materials for admission to the MBA program, including TOEFL requirements, GMAT and Vordiplom scores.
Please send your completed application packet (including all of the above listed materials) to:
Bill McKibben or Misty Brown
Institute for International Studies
Murray State University
165 Woods Hall
Murray, KY 42071-3304
As soon as you are admitted as a visiting student, we will send you a DS-2019 and other arrival information. You should take the DS-2019 with you to the closest US Consular Office to apply for your visa along with the following:
- financial statement
- acceptance letter from our office
After you have made your flight arrangements, you should send your arrival information via fax to 270-809-3237 or via email to email@example.com.
If you plan on securing health insurance from a provider in your country, you should make sure it fulfills the requirements mandated for a J-1 visitor. Check the blue USIA Welcome Brochure for these requirements. You can also purchase insurance after your arrival at Murray State.