Strategic Initiatives Plan (2015-2022)
Murray State University is a student-centered and engaging regional public university that we envision as the University of Choice for regional high school students within the 18-county service region, community college transfers, nontraditional students, and national and international students who seek a university offering superior educational and co-curricular experiences. We envision Murray State to be the University of Choice for faculty and staff who desire to work for a progressive university that offers distinctive academic programming, an energized work environment and one that fosters community. We envision Murray State to be the University of Choice for the citizens of the region, and the Commonwealth, to look to a qualified workforce, to create applied research and partnerships for solving community identified challenges and/or capitalizing on new opportunities.
The strategic initiatives must directly address the core values that Murray State fosters through the integration of multiple components. The strategic initiatives are Academic Excellence; Student Success; Scholarship, Research and Creative Activities; and Community Engagement.
- Strategic Initiatives Plan
Approved by Murray State University Board of Regents on June 8, 2018.
- Original Strategic Initiatives Plan
Approved by Murray State University Board of Regents, June 2015
Strategic Plan updatesClick the arrow for more information
- Strategic Priorities with Budget Emphasis (March 2016)
- Strategic Successes during 2015-2016
- Strategic Plan Update - September 2016
- Dashboard 2017
- Updates for all Initiatives
- Goals for all Initiatives
- Presentation from Board meeting
- Academic Excellence -Ashley Ireland
- Student Success - David Looney
- Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities - Nicole Hand
- Community Engagement/Economic Development - Chris Wooldridge