Information for Students
Murray State has taken precautions in the classroom and is offering courses in different formats to best serve students. View Academic Information for more details and resources, including the updated Fall 2020 Academic Calendar.
- Face Coverings/Masks
Download the full Face Covering/Mask Policy.
- You must wear face coverings/masks on campus, including but not limited to in-person classroom settings(classrooms are also required to be configuredto achieve social distancing) and unless exempted with documentation by a medical professional.
- Student documentation should be registered with the Office of Student Disability Services, which may offer classroom accommodations regarding the face covering/mask student policy.
- Failure to comply with the face covering/mask policy may result in being subject to the Murray State Student Disciplinary Procedure.
- You are not required to wear face coverings/masks in your residence hall room, in dining facilities upon receiving food/beverage, or in community restrooms/bathrooms.
- Flu Vaccine
All members of the campus community are encouraged to get a flu vaccine. If you would like to receive your flu vaccine from Murray State University Health Services, please print and complete the vaccination form and bring with you to your visit.
- Housing assignments and roommate information is available through myGate by reviewing your housing application.
- Move-in will begin on Monday, August 10 through Sunday, August 16.
Two hour appointments will be required and signup information will be sent out the week of July 27.
- You will be allowed to have two (2) guests to assist with moving, however the time is limited to two hours to allow all residents to move-in while observing social distancing guidelines.
- Racer One Stop will be open daily to help with any questions related to classes, scholarships, fees, tuition, advising or other University needs.
- Meal Plan changes are now active through myGate.
- Freshmen are assigned All Access and may choose to upgrade to All Access Premium.
- Sophomores are assigned All Access and may choose to change to the All Access Premium, 8 Meals a Week or the 175 Block plans.
- Juniors, seniors and commuters may choose any of the available options, including Flex plans.
- Meal plans will be activated on Monday, August 10 at dinner. View more information about meal plans and flex plans.
- Starbucks, Steak ’n Shake, Tres Habaneros and Subconnection, along with a newly renovated Market 22 in the Curris Center, will open this fall.
- GrubHub will be available for advance order and pick-up to help get you through the lines quickly.
- In compliance with the new social distancing guidelines, seating in all the dining locations will be supplemented with additional new outdoor seating and tables with chairs in Curris Center and residence halls.
- Dining facilities will be marked with signage to help maintain distances between customers. Employees are trained in the most up to date serving protocols to provide safe and healthy dining experiences.
- Menu selections will still offer options for individuals with dietary restrictions.
- Meal Plan changes are now active through myGate.
- RacerCards are used to access your Residential Hall, purchase meals at a variety of locations on campus such as Starbucks and Chick-fil-A, print off your homework with CampusPrint, workout at the Wellness Center or attend football and basketball games.
- Murray State has redesigned the RacerCard to update university branding and improve transaction processing while reducing the need to hand the card to someone at the library, dining facilities or other locations on campus.
- The first issuance of the new card is being provided free of charge to all students, faculty and staff.
- Resident students will receive their new RacerCard during check-in at their Residential Hall and commuter students will need to pick up their RacerCard at the temporary distribution location in Blackburn, Room 146 beginning Monday, August 10th.
- Hours and dates are as follows for distribution at Blackburn:
- Monday, August 10th - Friday, August 14th from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 17th - Friday, Friday 21st from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 24th - Friday, August 28th from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 31st - Friday, September 4th from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- The RacerCard office, which handles the processes of approving and making cards, is located at Hart Hall across from Winslow Dining Hall, first floor.
- University Store
- Textbook Prepackage will be in the Art Gallery of the Curris Center, first floor, across from Chick-fil-A. Prepackage orders will be ready and waiting for pick-up beginning Monday, August 10 at 8 a.m. to 6 p.m..
- The University Store will be open Monday, August 3 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., however the number of customers in the store will be limited for social distancing. Sign up for the Prepackage program or online shipping through the University Store for the most convenient service. Learn more about Textbook Prepackage and online shipping.
- The University Store now has a selection of reusable and disposable face masks along with other PPE, hand sanitizer and wipes.
- Wellness Center
- The Wellness Center will open August 3 with limited hours and resume normal operating hours August 15.
- Only students, faculty and staff may access the Wellness Center during this time.
- Students will have automatic access to the Wellness Center through student fees/tuition.
- The Wellness Center Liability Waiver must be completed online before gaining access to the facility. Waivers can be completed by visiting CampusRecConnect and signing in using your MyGate credentials.
- Anyone accessing the Wellness Center will be required to wear a mask upon entry. Mask is to be worn throughout the facility up until your workout/exercise/swim begins and again after it is complete.
- Intramural Sports will be offered based on the ability to either effectively social distance at all times or effectively wear a mask if social distancing is not possible.
- Housing Visitation Policy
The Visitation Policy, has been modified.
- Events and Student Programming
- Groups are allowed to program at 50% capacity and at least 6 feet social distancing as determined by Facilities Management. Check with the venue to confirm the space capacity. The same regulations apply to philanthropic events.
- Events can be held virtually.
- Events are subject to cancellation based on attendance/violation of social distancing guidelines.
- Enforcement of guidelines at events will be the responsibility of student organizations and organization advisors or student leaders.
- Follow the Student Organization Guidelines for hosting events on campus
- Campus Updates
Campus Updates are sent out via email and posted to the website. View current and past updates for students. Current updates for campus will be listed on murraystate.edu/racerrestart. View past updates for students, faculty and staff.
- Testing, Quarantine and Contact Tracing
- Testing: Murray State Health Services/Primary Care/villageMD will be doing symptomatic and high-risk testing.
- Quarantine: Students living on campus will be asked to return home to self-quarantine if exposed to COVID- 19. If they cannot return home, a place will be provided on campus.
- Contact Tracing: VP Robertson will be contacted by Murray State Health Services/Primary Care/villageMD and the Calloway County Health Dept. on any positive cases/possible exposures resulting in a test. He will then contact appropriate units and individuals while adhering to all established health and safety protocols and confidentiality requirements.
View University Health Procedures: Testing, Quarantine Policy and Contact Tracing