Academic Information for Students
Types of courses
- In-person - traditional classroom. Classrooms will be configured to achieve social distancing.
- Hybrid - a mix of in-person and online delivery using Zoom. Hybrid courses do not carry additional web fees.
- Online - traditional online course via Canvas.
Zoom classroom spaces
- Waterfield Library - Until building capacity is reached
- Various Classrooms - Business Building - See availability posted at each room
- Various Classrooms - I&T Building - See availability posted at available rooms
- Various Classrooms - Wilson Hall - See availability posted at each room
- Various Classrooms - Alexander Hall - See availability posted at each room
- Various Classrooms - Applied Science South - See availability posted at each room
- Room 311 - Mason Hall
- Ohio Room (Curris Center) - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mississippi Room (Curris Center) - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cumberland Room (Curris Center) - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Precautions on campus
- 12 Racer Safe and Healthy Guidelines for our entire campus community to follow that include wearing a face mask or shield, practicing social distancing and frequent hand-washing.
- Re-arrangement of classroom spaces to adhere to federal, state and CDC guidelines, specifically social distancing.
- Signage within classrooms and instructional spaces.
- Disinfecting supplies to be used inside each of these areas in addition to regular deep cleaning procedures.
- You must wear face coverings/masks on campus, including but not limited to in-person classroom settings (classrooms are also required to be configured to achieve social distancing) and unless exempted with documentation by a medical professional.
- Medical documentation should be registered with the Office of Student Disability Services, which may offer classroom accommodations regarding the face covering/mask student policy.
- Murray State will make every reasonable attempt to accommodate students who may not feel comfortable with attending class in an in-person/traditional learning environment.
- Faculty have been asked to create course delivery contingency plans that could be implemented at any time throughout the academic year in response to the fluidity of the COVID-19 situation.
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are required to quarantine
- Contact your instructor immediately.
- Instructors will make adjustments to due dates or other course requirements in order to accommodate the severity of the illness and/or the availability of resources needed to complete tasks.
- If possible, continue to check Canvas regularly, and maintain regular communication with your instructors.
Mental Health Services
Murray State has three centers on campus that offer free and confidential mental health services for students.
- The University Counseling Center is located in Oakley Applied Science and will be offering a combination of in-person and remote services this fall. Students can call them at 270.809.6851 or email email@example.com.
- The Psychological Center is located in Wells Hall and will be offering primarily in-person sessions this fall. Students can reach them at 270.809.2504.
- The Counseling and Assessment Center is located in Alexander Hall and will be offering both in-person and remote services this fall. Students can reach them at 270.809.3822.
- In a crisis situation, or after hours, please contact Murray State Police at 270.809.2222 or call 911 if off-campus. Students can also call the 24-hour crisis hotline at 800.592.3980 or contact the Crisis Text Line at 741-741.
- Students requiring special assistance due to a disability should visit the Office of Student Disability Services immediately for assistance with accommodations. For more information, students with disabilities should contact the Office of Student Disability Services at 423 Wells Hall, Murray, KY 42071, by phone at 270-809-2018 (Voice) 270-809- 5889 (TDD) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2021 Academic Calendar
January 19 — Classes begin
February 24 — Non-instructional study day
March 11 — 1st half semester courses end
March 12 — 2nd half semester courses begin
March 30 — Non-instructional study day
May 4 — Classes end
May 5-7 — Finals
May 8 — Commencement
Final Exam Schedule
|Exam Day||For classes that meet at:||Exam Time|
|Wednesday, May 5||11:30 a.m. MWF||8:00 a.m.|
|11:00 a.m. TR||10:30 a.m.|
|12:30 p.m. MWF||1 p.m.|
|2:00 p.m. TR||3:30 p.m.|
|4:30 p.m. MWF||6:00 p.m.|
|Monday evening||Last Day of Class Instruction|
|Thursday, May 6||9:30 a.m. MWF||8:00 a.m.|
|9:30 a.m. TR||10:30 a.m.|
|1:30 p.m. MWF||1:00 p.m.|
|8:00 a.m. TR||3:30 p.m.|
|3:30 p.m. TR||6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday evening||Last Day of Class Instruction|
|Friday, May 7||8:30 a.m. MWF||8:00 a.m.|
|12:30 p.m. TR||10:30 a.m.|
|2:30 p.m. MWF||1:00 p.m.|
|10:30 a.m. MWF||3:30 p.m.|
|3:30 p.m. MWF||6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday evening||Last Day of Class Instruction|