Vaccine Rewards Program
While voluntary, we strongly encourage students, faculty and staff, in consultation with their healthcare provider, to get a COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 vaccines will be available on campus throughout the semester at Murray State Health Services as well as vaccine clinics.
Vaccine Rewards Program for Faculty, Staff and Students
As a way to say “Thank You,” fully vaccinated or soon-to-be fully vaccinated individuals may voluntarily upload a copy of their completed COVID-19 vaccination card through myGate to have a chance at winning one of the reward options.
A random selection of 100 students and 25 faculty/staff will receive the option of one of the following rewards.
- 2021-22 parking permit (valued at $200)
- Five (5) students will be given the opportunity to change their parking permit to a blue zone
- $200 gift certificate to the University Store
- $200 dining/flex dollars
There will be a total of four drawings (two drawings each) from the student and the faculty/staff pools that will occur every Friday, starting August 27 through October 1. All remaining rewards will be announced on Monday, October 11. A total of four (4) rewards will be distributed each week. Reward recipients will be notified through their Murray State email.
Vaccine Rewards Program for Student Groups
Calling all student groups – help your organization win $1,000!
In addition to individual rewards, the following student group categories that have the highest percentage of their membership fully vaccinated with vaccination cards uploaded to myGate by October 4 will receive $1,000 to use for their own programming needs over the academic year.
Student group categories include:
- Residential Colleges
- Student Governmental Organizations
- Campus Ministries
- Athletics Teams
Note: Each group within categories 1-5 must be registered with the Center for Student Involvement. In addition to uploading a completed vaccination card to myGate, students must complete a short form in order to have their vaccine verification considered toward their group's percentage. Students should contact their organization's President or College Head with questions. Students only need to upload their vaccination card to myGate once in order to be eligible for the weekly rewards program and rewards program for student groups.
How to participate
Students, faculty and staff can participate
- Log in to myGate to confidentially and voluntarily upload your completed COVID-19 vaccination card by October 4. Instructions are located on the HOME tab (COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card Secure Upload).
- You will receive a success message in myGate when you have successfully uploaded your file.
- If you are unable to upload your card, visit Human Resources (4th floor of Sparks Hall) Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., call 270.809.2146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for uploading COVID-19 vaccination cards will be Noon on Monday, October 4. All remaining rewards will be announced October 11. Blue zone parking permit rewards will be announced October 11.