Racer Restart Initiative
We are forward-moving. We are family. We are Racers.
Through the Racer Restart initiative and planning process, Murray State University will follow a collaborative, thoughtful and proactive approach in re-opening campus. For questions about the Racer Restart Plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the Racer Restart Committee Plan and Recommendations guide or
- Download the Racer Restart Committee Plan and Recommendations guide (pdf)
- Download the Face Covering/Mask Policy
- Information for Students
A message from Dr. Stack, Commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Public Health
Current Campus Update
September 14, 2020
Students – good morning. Last week was a good week, adherence to guidelines was much better as we work to keep our campus safe and healthy – thank you. Let's do it again this week!
- Wear your mask – it is required on campus, in classrooms, when walking outside on MSU property, off campus and at all times when required per our guidelines.
- Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear has issued an Executive Order to limit social events and gatherings to ten (10) or fewer individuals. Note: Ten or fewer.
This Order prohibits any type of social gatherings such as backyard events, room/apartment/house and block parties. This Order does not include approved University-sponsored events which adhere to our Racer Restart Plan.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are not feeling well, please call MSU Health Services at 270-809-3809, Primary Care Medical Center at 270-759-9200 or contact your personal healthcare provider.
- Please watch this short video regarding our Racer Safe and Healthy guidelines: RacerSafe&HealthyGuidelinesVideo or go to murraystate.edu/racerrestart for more information, videos, Q&A, among other guidelines.
- Please see information regarding Counseling Services and other important information at Racer Restart: https://www.murraystate.edu/racerrestart/.
- To report any issues of non-compliance regarding our Racer Restart Plan, Racer Safe and Healthy Guidelines, concerns or violations of non-university events and activities, please email email@example.com.
- Finally, let's make good choices this week and beyond. We want to have a good, safe and healthy semester. We all want to be on campus for the full semester which ends on November 20.
To do this, it requires your help and compliance by adhering to all guidelines and making good choices.
Your agreement to adhere to all Racer Safe and Healthy Guidelines is not just for yourself, but also for the health and safety of others.
Dr. Robert L (Bob) Jackson
Twelve Racer Safe and Healthy guidelines
The Importance of Wearing a Mask
- Murray State Health Services/Primary Care Medical Center
Available for visits on campus at 100 Wells Hall, by phone at 270-809-3809 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, Primary Care Medical Center is available for visits off campus at 1000 South 12th Street and by phone at 270-759-9200.
- The Murray State Counseling Center
Providing tele-counseling services via Zoom. To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com. In addition, many self-help resources are listed on their website, at murraystate.edu/CounselingCenter.
- Calloway County Health Department
Available for visits off campus at 602 Memory Lane and by phone at 270-753-3381.
- The Murray State Department of Human Resources
- The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA)
- The Racer Safe and Healthy Officer