Racer Restart Initiative
We are forward-moving. We are family. We are Racers.
Through the Racer Restart initiative and planning process, Murray State University will follow a collaborative, thoughtful and proactive approach in re-opening campus. For questions about the Racer Restart Plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vaccine Information
- View the Racer Restart Committee Plan and Recommendations guide or
- Download the Racer Restart Committee Plan and Recommendations guide (pdf)
- Download the Face Covering/Mask Policy (pdf)
- Student Positive-Exposure Instructions or download pdf
- Information for Students
Spring 2021 Academic Calendar
January 19 — Classes begin
February 24 — Non-instructional study day
March 11 — 1st half semester courses end
March 12 — 2nd half semester courses begin
March 30 — Non-instructional study day
May 4 — Classes end
May 5-7 — Finals
May 8 — Commencement
Please note: Spring Break will not be observed during the 2021 semester.
Current Campus Update
April 12, 2021
Dear Campus Community:
As we work to end the pandemic, we strongly encourage our faculty, staff, students and the broader community to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
Following are websites or phone numbers where you can call or sign up for a vaccination today:
- CFSB Center Regional Vaccination site
- WALTER’S PHARMACY - 270.753.7688
- Other locations - Vaccine Finder
I have received my vaccination. They are safe and effective and will help us end
this pandemic. Please take a few minutes this week and schedule your vaccination.
Let’s all do our part as we work to end this pandemic during the weeks ahead in order to begin a return to normalcy during the summer and fall.
Lastly, all other Racer Safe and Healthy protocols remain in effect, especially the
wearing of facial coverings.
Dr. Robert L (Bob) Jackson
Twelve Racer Safe and Healthy guidelines
The Importance of Wearing a Mask
- Murray State Health Services/Primary Care Medical Center
Available for visits on campus at 100 Wells Hall, by phone at 270-809-3809 and by email at email@example.com. Additionally, Primary Care Medical Center is available for visits off campus at 1000 South 12th Street and by phone at 270-759-9200.
- The Murray State Counseling Center
Providing tele-counseling services via Zoom, as well as limited in-person services. On-call counselors are available 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday for crisis sessions. To schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, many self-help resources are listed on their website, at murraystate.edu/CounselingCenter.
- The Psychological Center
Providing in-person counseling sessions as well as walk-in crisis sessions. Please call 270.809.2504 for more information or visit them in 401 Wells Hall.
- Calloway County Health Department
Available for visits off campus at 602 Memory Lane and by phone at 270-753-3381.
- The Murray State Department of Human Resources
- The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA)
- The Racer Safe and Healthy Officer