Department of Art & Design hosts Senior Exhibitions
By Carrie Jerrell | Nov 16, 2022
MURRAY, Ky. – The Murray State University Department of Art & Design and University Galleries are pleased to announce the capstone exhibitions of Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BS) and Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) students who are graduating from the Art & Design program in December 2022. The exhibitions will be on view from Nov. 18 - Dec. 1 in the Mary Ed Mecoy Hall Gallery and the Clara M. Eagle Gallery, both located on the sixth floor of the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building on the Murray State campus. An opening reception will be held in the galleries on Friday, Nov. 18 at 5 p.m.
In partial fulfillment of their graduation requirements, each student pursuing an art degree is required to present an exhibition of recent works completed during their studies at Murray State University. This semester’s seniors and their exhibitions include:
Unique Perspectives: Senior BA/BS Degrees Exhibition
● Kylie Conaway, Orlando, Florida: BS - Studio Art
● Michael Crabtree, Paducah, Kentucky: BS - Art Education P-12 Certification
● Emma Salger, Red Bud, Illinois: BS - Art Education P-12 Certification
● Paige Small, Jasper, Indiana: BS - Art Education P-12 Certification
Graduating BFA Student Exhibits
● Gabby Gillette, Livermore, Kentucky: BFA/Graphic Design, Introspection: Another World
● Katie Indalecio, Elizabethtown, Kentucky: BFA/Graphic Design, Bread & Butter
● Kerrie Pullen, Clinton, Kentucky: BFA/Art Education P-12 Certification, Returning a Borrowed Tongue
● Chad Reeder, Paducah, Kentucky: BFA/Studio Art - Photography, Suicide: A Transition
● Daisy Slucher, Louisville, Kentucky: BFA/Studio Art - Painting, In the Church of My Girlhood
● Kay Yount, Eminence, Kentucky: BFA/Studio Art - Metalsmithing, Eden
The University Galleries visitor hours for the fall semester are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with extended evening hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission to the galleries is free and open to the public. For more information about the exhibitions or the Department of Art & Design call 270-809- 6734 or visit murraystate.edu/art.
For more information about this or other upcoming events, please contact the Department of Art & Design at 270-809-3784 or firstname.lastname@example.org.