How to Register
Qualifying for Student Disability Accommodations and/or Services
- You must be admitted to Murray State in order to use the Office of Student Disability Services. If you have questions about admission to Murray State, please contact the Office of Recruitment at 1-800-272-4MSU.
- You must have a documented disability to receive services and accommodations through our office.
Registering with the Office of Student Disability Services
To register with the Office of Student Disability Services at Murray State University, a student must be:
- Be admitted to Murray State University.
- Complete the SDS Registration form and send to the office.
- Provide the SDS Office with current documentation of a disability or disabilities. See additional guidelines for documentation below.
- Provide the SDS Office with a recent photograph. (This is optional, but it helps us to remember you!)
- Contact our office to arrange for an intake appointment with the Director or Associate Director.
Guidelines for Disability Documentation
The documentation on file must:
- Be typed and printed on official letterhead and be signed by an evaluator qualified to make the diagnosis (include information about license or certification and area of specialization).
- Clearly state the diagnosis or DSM-V diagnosis of the disability or disabilities.
- Provide a description of the functional limitations resulting from the disabilities as related to an academic setting.
- Be current (completed within the last 5 years for learning disabilities or 1 year for psychological disabilities).
- Include complete educational, developmental, and medical history relevant to the disability for which accommodations are requested.
- Provide a list of all test instruments (reliable, valid, and standardized for use with an adult population) used in the evaluation report and relevant subtest scores use to document the stated disability.
- Provide a list of all medication and its current impact and/or treatments currently being used.
- A list of academic accommodation.
Please visit our Accommodations and Services page for more information about the types of assistance offered.