Student Intervention Team
The mission of the Murray State University Student Intervention Team is to collect, track, and evaluate reports from all parts of campus concerning students who may pose a threat to their own safety and/or the safety of others. The team is represented by personnel from various departments.
Tracking behaviors and providing interventions in order to protect
the individual and others from:
- Self-injuries or suicidal threats and behavior
- Aberrant or strange behaviors that cause concern
- Behavior that might be perceived as dangerous
- Threats of any kind toward another individual
- To provide structure for an effective method of addressing student behaviors that interfere with the mission of the University
- To manage each case individually and confidentially
- To initiate appropriate interventions; and
- To be a resource for students, faculty, administrators, and staff
Please raise a flag in the Starfish Student Success Network for issues related to:
- Class attendance concerns. The student has not attended several classes or has never attended the course or logged into Canvas.
- Academic concerns. The student is not submitting assignments or taking quizzes/tests.
- Financial concerns. The student has indicated they are unable to stay enrolled due to financial issues.
- Personal issues that do not indicate the student is a threat to self or to others. The student has indicated they are homesick or not able to make connections with others on campus.
- For more information about Starfish, please access the Starfish website or contact Peggy Whaley at email@example.com
Student Intervention Team Members
The committee members come from various departments to best represent the entire campus. The representatives are from the following areas:
- Student Affairs
- Academic Affairs
- Student Conduct Office
- Psychological Center
- Counseling Services
- Health Services
- Murray State Police Department
- Student Disability Services
- Student Engagement and Success (Retention)
- University Attorney's Office
IF YOU ARE AWARE OF OR SUSPECT AN IMMEDIATE DANGER OR THREAT, PLEASE CONTACT THE MURRAY STATE POLICE DEPARTMENT IMMEDIATELY BY CALLING 270.809.2222 OR 911.
When a referral is submitted through the Student Intervention website, the Student Conduct Office will receive the report via email. The Student Intervention Team will evaluate the situation to determine the appropriate response.