The Office of Research and Creative Activity
Fall and Spring Scholars Week 2018-2019
During a designated week each semester, the Murray State community is encouraged to interact with showcases of academic and creative endeavors from our undergraduate and graduate students. Important dates for this academic year's Fall and Spring Scholars Week are as follows.
- Spring Scholars Week: April 15-19, 2019
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract: March 29, 2019 by 5PM
- Deadline for Honors College student theses presentation to submit: March 15, 2018
- View the schedule: tinyurl.com/MSUSpringScholarsWeek19
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Scholars Week: November 12-16, 2018
- View the schedule: tinyurl.com/MSUFallScholarsWeek18
2018-2019 Research and Travel Grants
ORCA is pleased to announce the return of research and travel grants for students mentored by Murray State faculty members. On August 24, 2018, we began to accept proposals for the 2018-2019 academic year at Murray State's Digital Commons. Proposal forms are available to download:
2018-2019 University Distinguished Mentor Award (UDMA)
The Office of Provost, in conjunction with the Office of Research and Creative Activity, is please to present the University Distinguished Mentor Award. This annual award will be presented to a member of Murray State's Faculty, nominated by their peers, in recognition of extraordinary efforts in the area of student mentoring, which is understood as a sustained partnership of mutual concern significantly fostering students’ intellectual, ethical and academic development above and beyond expectations of even excellent advising and teaching. Read more about the award and guidelines here.
- Deadline for nominations - February 1, 2019
- Deadline for nominees to submit information - February 19, 2019
- Award presented at Faculty Recognition Banquet - Thursday, April 18, 2019
- This year's awards chair: Dana Statton (email@example.com)
18th Annual Posters-at-the-Capitol
Posters-at-the-Capitol is a showcase of 120+ unique scholarly efforts led by undergraduate students from each state-funded university in the Commonwealth. During the one-day event, students present their faculty-mentored projects to those responsible for crafting higher education policy in Kentucky. This event is proudly hosted by Murray State University.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 in Frankfort, KY
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract was October 12, 2018 by 5PM
- View this year's accepted projects: http://digitalcommons.murraystate.edu/postersatthecapitol/2019/