Experimental course information
On occasion, departments wish to offer a new course on an experimental basis before making the determination that the course should be a permanent one. In that case, please use the following procedure for an EXPERIMENTAL COURSE.
- Submit course proposal through Kuali--being sure to indicate that the course is experimental.
- Attach a course syllabus.
- Department chair and dean must approve the proposal.
- If the Provost approves the course, the experimental course proposal will be forwarded to the Academic Council for inclusion on the agenda as an information item.
- If the Provost does not approve the proposal, you will be informed immediately.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Experimental courses are allowed to be offered two times within one year of the semester of approval.
- After the experimental course window has ended, the course must then be submitted to the Academic Council as a regular course and approved by the appropriate standing committee and the Academic Council as a whole.
- Periodically, all experimental courses will be deleted from the Murray State course inventory and cannot be reactivated as experimental.