Murray State University Regents Fellowship
2021 Murray State University Regents Fellows
Abril Sosa - 2nd Year
Hometown: Atoka, TN
Graduate Program: Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling
Hometown: Jeffersonville, Indiana
Graduate Program: Master of Science in Business Administration
The Murray State University (MSU) Regents Fellowship is a one-year, renewable graduate assistantship/scholarship designed to assist underrepresented minority students with career development opportunities in higher education while completing their graduate degree.
To be eligible, an applicant must
- be a U.S. Citizen,
- a member of one or more underrepresented minority groups at Murray State,
- and fully admitted into a Murray State graduate program.
Preference will be given to students whose personal characteristics reflect historically underrepresented populations and financial need.
If selected, the recipient must enroll as a full-time graduate student (min. 9 hours) each semester of the award and maintain at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Submit the application by Friday, April 2, 2021, by 4:00 pm CST.
- A committee will review current graduate applications and interviews will be conducted in April of this year.
- Selection will be determined no later than July 1, 2021.
- The program will be for no more than two semesters (one academic year) unless the degree is completed sooner – to begin in Fall 2021.
- This fellowship may be renewed for up to one additional year.
- Up to five (5) Regents Fellows (Graduate Scholars) will be chosen for the academic year.
- The Regents Fellowship stipend will be $7,500/year ($3,750 per semester).
- The scholarship awarded will be $1,000/semester ($2,000/year) for full-time, U.S. Citizen (non-online) graduate students.
- The scholarship may be renewed.
Please send any questions regarding the program and application process to email@example.com.