Summer Orientation is required for all new students. If you have not yet signed up, remember that it is mandatory.
Welcome to Your Virtual Summer O Experience!
As a precautionary measure to protect future Racers and their families, Murray State University is moving the 2020 Summer Orientation to an online format.
Virtual Schedule Coming Soon
Here's What to Expect:
Two weeks prior to your registered session, you will be emailed a link to get you started. This email will be sent to the student email address associated with their Summer O registration.
- Online Orientation Modules — This program will give you the opportunity to learn what it is like to be a Racer. From financial aid and scholarship information to campus life and much more. You will have up to two weeks to complete these online modules.
- Advising and Course Registration — Our advisors are excited to help you through this process! After you successfully complete your Orientation modules, you will be required to attend an advising session with your academic college. You will be contacted by your advisor to schedule this appointment, where you’ll be walked through the registration process and complete your class schedule.
- Day of Orientation — On the date of your selected Orientation, you will be directed to attend a mandatory virtual session with your Summer O Counselor. We’ll share more information about important student resources to help you smoothly transition into college life. And there will be plenty of virtual Q&A sessions.
- August Welcome Events - To conclude your Orientation experience at Murray State, you will attend various mandatory Orientation events during your first few days on campus. You will reconnect with your Summer O Counselors, participate in fun activities designed to help you learn more about your new home, meet fellow students and start the year with some Murray State Swag!
Family & Guest Virtual Orientation
In the two weeks concurrent with the student’s Orientation, we will be offering a separate Virtual Orientation for family and guests. This will be an opportunity to learn more about the place your student will be spending so much of their time during their academic journey. There will be modules catered specifically to you! Be watching for information coming soon!
In order to register, you must have the following:
- Your myGate username and password
- Your $130 orientation fee payment*
Summer O 2020 sessions
|If your Summer O date is||Your two-week module begins|
|Session 1 – May 29||May 15|
|Session 2 – June 4||May 21|
|Session 3 – June 6||May 23|
|Session 4 – June 12||May 29|
|Session 5 – June 17||June 3|
|Session 6 – June 19||June 5|
|Session 7 – July 7||June 23|
|Session 8 – August 6||July 23|
* The Summer Orientation fee is refundable until May 1 (minus a processing fee). If you have a scheduling conflict you can change the date of your Summer O session. Please note that you can only change your date to one that is still available.
In order to request a refund, send an email before May 1st to email@example.com. Include the student's name, address and Student ID (M#) or birthdate along with a brief description of why you will not be attending Summer Orientation.
Take a virtual tour
- Beth Acreman
- Associate Director New Student Programs
- Office of Recruitment