Whether we realize it or not, a lot of our daily behavior is composed of habits. These are automatic behaviors that we do without thinking, and we generally do them the same way every day. While there is a great deal of science behind habit formation, Racer Wellness is incorporating a simple and fun way to help you focus on being more intentional about building positive habits and making them stick throughout the year.
Racer Wellness has created the acronym below to assist with the process of building and sustaining new habits.
- R = Remember to have fun
- A = Associate the new habit with an existing one
- C = Consistently repeat the habit in the same time and place
- E = Eliminate barriers and keep it simple
- R = Reward yourself for sticking to your habit
- S = Substitute positive habits in place of negative ones
Financial Well-Being: January - March
Physical Well-Being: April - June
- Weekly activity log
- 5 Ways to add physical activity to your routine - document
- Healthy at Home - Fitness at Home
- How To - Calf Raises
- Assured Partners - Physical activity videos
- Assured Partners - Movement
Nutritional Well –Being: July - September
- Snack swap - This for that!
- Reading nutrition labels
- The importance of drinking water
- Basic nutrition resources
- Stress and Exercise - EAP Newsletter
Emotional Well-Being: October – December