The Staff Congress Foundation/Marie Jones Textbook Scholarship was established at Murray State University by current and former Staff Congress members. The purpose of this fund is to assist Murray State staff members and their dependents with obtaining textbooks needed to pursue their education at Murray State. Applicants must obtain (rent or purchase) their textbooks at the University Bookstore, and a receipt is required.
Two awards of up to $250 are given each semester.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Applying for the Scholarship
Eligible Murray State staff members or dependents may apply online or submit the pdf version of the application. Applications for Fall 2021 are due October 15.
Agreement for the Staff Congress Foundation/Marie Jones Textbook Scholarship
The Staff Congress Foundation/Marie Jones Textbook Scholarship was established at Murray State University by current and former Staff Congress members. The purpose of this renewable fund is to assist Murray State staff members and their dependents with obtaining textbooks needed to pursue their degrees at Murray State. Textbooks (up to the amount of $250) must be obtained from the Murray State University Store. In return for establishing this fund, Murray State and the Murray State Foundation will
- Publish the name and guidelines for the scholarship on the website.
- Evaluate all applications based upon the following criteria:
- There may be three recipients of the scholarship per semester, based upon the applications submitted per semester. One recipient shall be a regular, part-time or full-time staff member of Murray State who has been employed by the university for at least one year. The other recipient shall be a dependent of a regular, part-time or full-time Murray State staff member of at least one year. At the discretion of the Murray State Staff Congress Scholarship Committee, two recipients from the same category may be chosen. The award amount shall not exceed $250.00. If at any time there are no qualified applicants in one category, then two applicants may be selected from the same category.
- Recipients shall be pursing an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Joint Doctoral Degree from Murray State’s main campus, one of the extended Murray State campus sites, or through online programs administered by Murray State.
- Dependents of Murray State staff members who are current high school students, new incoming freshmen, or t transfer students must meet the admission criteria set by Murray State University and have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Staff members who are classified as Non-degree, Re-admission, Bachelor of Integrated Studies, Post Baccalaureate or Other must meet the admission criteria set by Murray State University.
- Previous recipients of the scholarship may re-apply one year after receiving the award if they have maintained a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Recipients of the scholarship must obtain their textbooks through Murray State University’s Store.
- Recipients shall be selected by the Staff Congress Scholarship Committee.
- Any member of the Murray State Staff Congress Scholarship Committee who applies for this scholarship or whose dependent applies for this scholarship must remove himself or herself from the selection process.
Revised February, 2019