Spring 2021 Commencement
Murray State University is excited to announce the schedule of Commencement ceremonies for our Spring/Summer 2021 degree candidates and our 2020 graduates. Each graduate may have up to four guests attend their ceremony. All ceremonies will be streamed live the day of the ceremony.
All times are central. Ceremonies will take place in the CFSB Center.
- 7 p.m. — Masters, Specialist, and Doctoral Graduates only
About the ceremonies
- The number of graduates participating in each ceremony is limited in accordance with COVID-19 guidance and best practices.
- All graduates planning to participate in a ceremony must register online. You must register before 4:30 p.m. on April 23, 2021.
- During registration, you will be able to select your preferred ceremony and second
If seats are no longer available for your preferred ceremony, you will be assigned to your second choice based on seat availability. If both ceremonies are at capacity, you will be assigned to whichever cermony is currently open.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation for the date and time of your Commencement ceremony via your MSU email account. Please do not finalize your travel plans or prepare invitations until you receive confirmation.
- The Friday, May 7, 2021, ceremony is open to Masters/Specialist/Doctoral students only.
- All Saturday ceremonies are open to undergraduate students only.
- All guests are required to have tickets to enter the CFSB Center.
- Your response is required by 4:30 p.m. CST on April 23, 2021, to reserve your seat for the ceremony.
- Walk-ins will not be permitted on the day of the ceremony due to required social distancing.
- Registration opens: Monday, March 29, 2021 at 8 a.m. CST
- Registration closes: Friday, April 23, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. CST
- Commencement ceremonies are RSVP only events. Only those students who have submitted an online registration and been notified via Murray State email regarding attendance will be allowed to participate in a ceremony.
- You must be logged into your Murray State Gmail account to complete the registration process.
- All information regarding commencement will be sent to your official Murray State email only. Murray State email accounts remain active for two years after graduation.
- If you need assistance with logging into your Murray State email account, please contact the Service Desk at 270.809.2346 or by email at email@example.com.
For questions about Commencement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commencement tickets for guests
- For each ceremony, graduates will receive four (4) digital tickets for their guests.
- Tickets will be distributed through TicketMaster to the student's Murray State email account.
- All ticketing will be digital to minimize close interaction.
- All guests, including infants and small children, must have a ticket to enter the CFSB Center. Students will be able to transfer commencement tickets to their guests electronically.
If you or a guest have limited mobility or require special seating, please fill out the ADA Seating Inquiry Form.
Racer Safe and Healthy Commencement guidelines
In order to create as safe an environment as possible, everyone attending Commencement will be required to wear masks and social distance for the health and safety of all attendees. Additional details will be posted closer to Commencement.