SGA Annual Awards
2019-2020 AwardsClick the arrow for more information
Ralph H. Woods Memorial Award
The Ralph H. Woods Memorial Award was established to honor and recognize a student or students who have made an outstanding contribution in service and leadership to the university campus.
The selection will be made by a committee consisting of faculty and students based on resumes submitted by individuals, departments or student organizations.
The following criteria should be considered in selecting a nominee:
- Must be a December 2019 or May 2020 graduate.
- Must be a person whose campus activities indicate leadership. (Does not have to be a formal organization or hold a formal leadership position.)
- Must be a person who promotes change. (Can accomplish goals - is of service to students and faculty.)
- Grade point average is of no consideration.
Please submit the attached form (additional forms may be obtained online www.murraystate.edu/sga) to Jeanie Morgan, Student Government Association, along with three letters of recommendations (from peers, instructors or whomever you like) validating the nominee's leadership capabilities. Application must be submitted no later than NOON, FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020
Each organization may submit as many applications as they wish for this award. Please, one application per nominee.
Max Carman Outstanding Teacher Award
Nominations will be taken in FEBRUARY for the Max Carman Outstanding Teacher Award. Please encourage your members to participate in these nominations. The award is given in recognition of the recipient's teaching excellence as evidenced by his/her effectiveness and ability to motivate and inspire students in the classroom and outside the classroom.
Students may nominate the teacher by picking up an application in the Center for Student Involvement office or online at www.murraystate.edu/sga. Applications will also appear in the MSU NEWS. All applications should be sent to Jeanie Morgan, Student Government Association. The deadline for applications is NOON, FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2020. If you have any questions, please call the SGA in the Center for Student Involvement at 809-6951.
Jim Baurer Staff Service Award
The Jim Baurer Outstanding Staff Service Award was established to honor and recognize a staff member who has gone above and beyond the call of prescribed duty and shown exceptional dedication with regard to the students of Murray State University.
The selection will be made by a committee consisting of students based on nomination application and recommendation of supervisor.
Each nominee will be considered on the following:
- Nomination information presented by a full or part-time student, of any Murray State University campus, who is nominating the staff member.
- A department chairman or director will be called upon to submit a letter, on behalf of the nominated staff member, concerning the extraordinary service the nominated staff member brings to the University.
- Nominees credentials (application and letter of recommendation from supervisor) shall be reviewed by the Selection Committee with a recipient chosen.
- The staff member nominated must be employed fulltime and have been employed fulltime for a minimum of five years.
Please submit the attached form (or forms may be obtained online (www.murraystate.edu/sga) to Jeanie Morgan, Student Government Association. Applications must be submitted no later than NOON, FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020.