The Racer Dining team is excited to help you achieve your academic and personal success here at Murray State by provideing your home away from home with an array of dining options.
Our Dining program is designed for Murray State students. We incorporate student feedback into our planning process to implement resident dining programming, retail venues, pop-up restaurants, and more.
For more information, please visit the Racer Dining Website by Sodexo.
Meal Plan Options for Fall 2019
Freshmen and sophomore students (defined as students who have completed fewer than 60 hours of college credit) are required to have a meal plan for at least four semesters. Exemptions can be found below.
Please check back for more information on selecting your plan for the fall 2019 semester. Account information can be found under the “money” tab on your myGate.
|All Access*||Unlimited||$75||$1930||On campus and off campus Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors|
|All Access Premium**||Unlimited||$75||$2036||On campus and off campus Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors|
|175 Block||175||$400||$1912||On campus and off campus Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors|
|8 Meals Per Week||8 meals per week||$550||$1807||On campus and off campus Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors|
* All Access with one meal exchange per day, 5 per week max (3 - 8 p.m. at Chick-Fil-A).
** All Access Premium with one meal exchange per day, 5 per week max (1 p.m. - closing at Chick-fil-A and select locations).
- An All Access plan is required for all Freshmen living on campus.
- An All Access plan includes eight guest meals at Winslow Dining Hall.
Meal plan requirements
- Freshman: All-Access, All-Access Premium
- Sophomore: All-Access, All-Access Premium, 175/400 or 8 Meals Per Week
- Junior: May purchase any plan. No requirement.
- Senior: May purchase any plan. No requirement.
- Commuter (any academic status): May purchase any plan. No requirement.
Available to Commuters & RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A PLAN
Faculty/Staff Meal Plan
Everyone has to eat — including Murray State faculty and staff. So, for your convenience, Dining Services has created a faculty/staff meal plan option called Dining Dollars.
Dining Dollars provide a 10 percent bonus in the form of additional dollars on your account with each deposit through May 10th, 2019. For example, if you deposit $100, your account will be credited with $110. And, honestly, who doesn't love that? Watch for updates to this program starting Fall 2019.
- Minimum deposit: $50.
- Add money to your account.
- Can be used at all Murray State Dining Services locations.
- Available to all faculty and staff, including regular part-time staff and retirees.
- Can be used to pay for guest meals.
- Refunds, minus the 10 percent bonus, are available for employees who leave Murray State.
- NOT available for student or temporary staff.
Pay for your plan
After making your meal plan selection, the cost of that plan is added to your tuition bill, which means scholarships and financial aid may be applied toward covering this cost.
Flex dollars remaining at the end of the fall 2019 semester will roll to the spring 2020 semester providing another meal/ flex plan is in place at the start of the spring 2020 semester and stays active for the term of the semester. Unused flex dollars will not roll at the end of the spring 2020 semester.
Check your balance
Not sure how many meals you have left for the semester? Not a problem. You can check your balance any time by logging onto your myGate account and clicking the "Money" tab. Beneath the box titled "RacerCard Balances," you can see how many meals you have left for the semester.
Racer Dining by Sodexo offers a great place to work, competitive wages, flexible hours and a variety of benefits.
Apply at RacerDining by Sodexo and search "Murray".
Freshmen and sophomore students (defined as students who have completed fewer than 60 hours of college credit) are required to have a meal plan for at least four semesters.
Exempted from this policy are students who:
- Have reached their 21st birthday prior to the first day of registration.
- Are veterans of at least two years' active military service.
- Are married.
- Commute to school daily from the permanent, legal residence of their parents (within 50 miles of Murray State).
- Have resided in residence halls for four semesters, excluding summers.
Exemptions are rarely granted if you do not meet the above listed criteria.
You must complete an exemption form within the first month of classes to be considered for an exemption. Exemptions are only valid for one semester. You must reapply at the start of each term. Download the exemption form and mail to 110 Curris Center, Murray, KY 42071.
Have a question, comment or recommendation? Fill out our comment form!
Murray State Dining
The mission of Murray State University Dining Services and Racer Hospitality is to provide a wide variety of menu options with quality food and services to the University community, anticipating consumers' needs and providing high customer satisfaction.