Important Dates for 2021-2022 Academic Year Scholarship Awards
- September 1, 2020: Scholarship Application Opens for 2021-2022
- October 1, 2020: FAFSA Opens for 2021-2022
- December 1, 2020 (4:30 p.m.): General Scholarship Application Deadline for 2021-2022 Presidential Fellowship consideration
- February 1, 2021* (4:30 p.m.): General Scholarship Application Deadline for 2021-2022
- TBD: Presidential Fellowship Competition (Invitation Required)
- Mid-March: Awards Letters Sent Via Mail & Email
- May 1, 2021: National Scholarship Acceptance Deadline
- June 1, 2021 (4:30 p.m.): Non-Traditional Student & Graduate Student-Specific Scholarships Deadline
*Even though Murray State’s general scholarship deadline has passed, students should apply, as there are still opportunities to receive a scholarship for the 2021-22 academic year as an alternate selection.
All undergraduate students must file and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to receive any university scholarships and/or discounts.
Murray State University offers two categories of scholarships
- Academic Achievement Scholarships
- Only for incoming freshmen.
- Awarded at time of admission.
- View the specific Academic Achievement Scholarships here.
- Competitive Scholarships
- Requires students to complete the Murray State General Scholarship Application.
- Awarded after application deadline.
- Students must apply every year via myGate, on the Financial Aid section.
- Competitive scholarships are not awarded until after the application deadline.
- Take your time to submit a thorough, complete application.
- Not following directions or not completing all requirements of the application process may result in elimination from the selection process.