News and updatesClick the arrow for more information
Racer One Stop
Students can take advantage of the following services at ONE convenient location inside the Curris Center!
- Financial Aid
Spring 2019 Racer One Stop Dates:
- Monday, January 14th 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 15th 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 16th 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 17th 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 18th 8:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Please note that the Financial Aid Offices in Sparks Hall will be closed to walk in traffic during these times.
2021-2022 FAFSA is Available - Apply Now!
- To complete the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), please make sure you use the federal website fafsa.ed.gov.
- To sign the FAFSA electronically, a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) is required for both you and one parent, if you are a dependent student. The FSA ID may be obtained by going to fsaid.ed.gov.
- You must use your 2019 Federal Tax Return to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA.
- The FAFSA should be filed as soon after October 1st as possible. If you are a resident of Kentucky, the College Access Program (CAP) Grant has limited funding available. The grant will be awarded to eligible students until funds are exhausted.
Looking for assistance in completing the FAFSA? Check out this video!
According to a recent survey, the majority of families underestimate the amount of financial aid they may be eligible to receive and therefore do not complete the FAFSA. If you don't apply, you'll never know if you may have been eligible for a federal grant. For more on this survey, please click on the following link: Don't Miss Out.
Verification is a process that requires financial aid staff to review the accuracy of information you and your family provided on the FAFSA. The Department of Education selects roughly 30% of all FAFSAs submitted nationally for the verification process. In addition, Murray State will select siblings and other direct family members attending Murray State if someone else in the family has been selected. Murray State is contracted with the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) to complete verifications on our behalf.
If you are selected for verification, you must provide the appropriate documentation to continue your request for federal financial aid. Requested items will vary per student. Required documentation will be listed on your MyGate account. Please access your myGate to determine if you have documents outstanding. Please visit this site to assist in submitting those documents.
Be sure and visit the Events Calendar for important dates.
500 Sparks Hall, Murray, KY 42071-3312
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (270)809-2546
Toll free - (800)272-4678, ext. 3
Fax - (270)809-3116
(Please refer to the events calendar for university closure dates.)