GRE Prep Workshop
Applying to graduate school likely means taking the GRE revised General Test. Our online preparation course presented by the Center for Legal Studies is a must to ensure that you do your best. We’ve been preparing students around the world for graduate school since 1980, and this online format combines the convenience of independent study with the camaraderie of a classroom environment.
The GRE revised General Test has three separate sections – analytical writing, verbal, and quantitative. Our online course is divided into two separate courses, one to prepare you for the analytical writing and verbal sections and one to prepare you for the quantitative section.
- The quantitative course features a math review and techniques for tackling the discrete quantitative and data interpretation questions that make up the math section of the GRE.
- In the course that covers the analytical writing and verbal sections of the GRE, we show you how to do your best on the three types of questions in the verbal section -- reading, text completion, and sentence equivalence – and the two essay tasks in the analytical writing section.
- You’ll practice on actual GRE questions from previous years and learn specific time-saving techniques for the computer-based test.
Taking the GRE Prep Workshop online provides you with test-taking techniques and methods for improving your score on all three sections of the GRE: verbal, analytical writing, and quantitative.
- Cost: $300
- Course Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, and the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Netscape Navigator web browser.
- Length: This course is 7 weeks long.
- Required Text: Cost of text materials not included in the course cost. The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, 2nd edition, ISBN 978-0-07-179123-6, is available from http://www.ets.org/gre and other bookstores. It should be purchased prior to the course beginning date.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Murray State University.