Accredited Family Nurse Practitioner-Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Advance your career.
Advance your nursing education and professional career by earning your terminal degree.
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program at Murray State University educates baccalaureate prepared Registered Nurses for a career as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN). You will learn how to provide primary care to patients in a variety of settings. The role of the FNP builds on the competencies of RNs and includes:
- Providing comprehensive care to individuals and families across the lifespan
- ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests
- diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions
- prescribing medication and other treatments
- managing patient’s overall wellbeing through health promotion and disease prevention
- providing counseling and education
Learn from where you live.
The blended distance learning format shortens your time on campus. The combination curriculum of online and distance study so you can learn from where you live and work. The first year of the program is 100% online. The second and third years of the program include brief periods of time on campus in Murray. Clinical experiences can be completed at your home site (preceptor contract must be obtained).
Regardless of your location, you will pay in-state Kentucky tuition rates. Students complete the degree in 36 months.
Dedicated faculty and staff will support you each step of the way.
The FNP faculty are up-to-date in current practice and have many years of experience as Family Nurse Practitioners.
Our graduates are successful.
100% of our graduates have passed the certification exam on the first attempt and 100% of our graduates have jobs after graduation
Connect with our faculty to learn more. We’re here to help answer any questions you may have!
Ready to apply?
Applying is easy! Apply for Murray State University Graduate Admission first, then apply to the DNP program. Applications are reviewed after March 1 with rolling admission.
- Complete the DNP application and return it via
- Mail: Dr. Katy Garth, 120 Mason Hall, Murray, KY 42071
- Email: email@example.com
- or Fax: 270.809.6662
- View curriculum
- Download recommendation form