Department of Chemistry
The mission of the Department of Chemistry at Murray State University is to make significant contributions to chemistry research, education, and practice. The department provides a creative and supportive atmosphere for faculty-mentored research and student-centered learning. Undergraduate and master-level students are expected to obtain a broad understanding of chemistry and learn to think critically and communicate effectively in oral and written forms. The rigorous curriculum provides hands-on experiences with modern experimental and computer-based techniques and instrumentation, preparing students to enter industry or graduate and professional programs.
- Chemistry Area
- Chemistry Major
- Chemistry major with secondary certification
- Chemistry major for Pre-Med and Pre-Dental students
- Chemistry major for Pre-Pharmacy students
- Pre-Health Professionals Web Page
- Chemistry major with biochemistry option
- Chemistry major with forensics option
- Chemistry Polymer and Materials Science Track
- Chemistry minor
Living Periodic Table
This living periodic table, built by Mr. Jim Barnett, has many samples of actual elements and will be used in outreach and as an educational tool in Jesse D. Jones Hall.