Are you a student or adult learner who prefers flexible online language learning? Were you planning to take a study-abroad program this Summer that was cancelled due to Covid-19? Are you looking for a few more credits in Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese to bring you closer to graduation or completing a major or minor? Our department is expanding our distance learning courses to give you more options, and to help students whose study-abroad plans (through their university, CEA, CCSA, KIIS, or other study-abroad providers) were disrupted by Coronavirus.
Summer 2020 Online Classes:
- SPA 101--Fundamental Communication in Spanish (May 26-June 26)
- SPA 102--Social Interactions in Spanish (July 1-August 4)
- SPA 202--Practical Applications in Spanish (July 1-August 4)
- SPA 323--Spanish Culture and Civilization (May 26-June 26)
- SPA 315--Global Cinema in Spanish (July 1-August 4)
Fall 2020 Online Classes:
- CHN 340--Chinese Diversity Through Food
- SPA 101--Fundamental Communication in Spanish
- SPA 102--Social Interactions in Spanish
- SPA 108--Basic Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
- SPA 201--Intercultural Communications in Spanish
- SPA 202--Practical Applications in Spanish
- SPA 404--Don Quixote
- POR 101--Fundamental Communication in Portuguese (August 18-October 7)
- POR 102--Social Interactions in Portuguese (October 12-December 4)
- POR 201--Intercultural Communication in Portuguese (August 18-October 7)
- POR 202--Practical Applications in Portuguese (October 12-December 4)
- POR 301--Conversation and Composition in Portuguese (August 18-October 7)
- GLT 400--Senior Seminar
A Portuguese Certificate will be available entirely online starting in Fall 2020 and a fully online Spanish Certificate will be offered soon, in order to help adult learners, professionals, and students improve their language skills and acquire a valuable credential.
For up-to-date information about our online Portuguese courses, contact Robert (Moses) Fritz. For information about our other online programs, contact Brent Menchinger or Tanya Romero González. For CRNs and more detailed schedule information, check the Murray State class schedule.