If you're a major or minor in one of our languages, or if you're just a student who's interested in language, we strongly encourage you to spend time abroad. You can find month-long summer programs, as well as programs for an entire semester or year, on Murray State's study-abroad database or with the Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS). Make sure to meet with a faculty member in your language to learn more about how different programs will fit with your coursework at Murray State, and schedule an appointment with Education Abroad to learn about the many resources available to help fund your trip--including special scholarships for language students.
Some Exchange Programs for Language:
Note that many semester programs charge the same tuition as a semester at Murray State (see Education Abroad for the most up-to-date information)
- Chinese: Quingdao Agricultural University
- French: Université de Bourgogne, EDC Paris Business School, French Immersion Program
- German: Universität Regensburg
- Japanese: Kansai Gaidai University, Doshisha University, Reitaku University, Tenri University, Tokyo Metropolitan University, University of Toyama, Myojo University
- Spanish: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (Chile), Universidad de Alicante (Spain), Universitad de Córdoba (Spain), Universitat Jaume I (Spain)
Language Faculty Abroad
In Summer 2021, two of us will teach on study-abroad programs:
- Yoko Hatakeyama will direct a KIIS program in Japan, where students will visit some of the country's major cities while taking basic/intermediate Japanese courses and/or English-language courses on Japanese culture and economics.
- Dr. Roxane Riegler will teach on a KIIS program in Munich, where students will live with German families, explore historical and cultural sites in Munich and Bavaria, and take intermediate and advanced courses on German language, cultural, and film.