Global Languages and Theatre Arts
In 2017 the Department of Modern Languages and the Department of Theatre merged to become the Department of Global Languages and Theatre Arts. This new department continues to provide cultural outlets for our regional community and inspires life-long, creative ventures for our students after graduation.
In both disciplines, students are educated as liberal arts practitioners with a strong emphasis on oral and written communication skills, teamwork, and understanding cultural mores and norms.
- Chinese • French • German • Japanese • Spanish
- Placement tests that allow you to earn up to 12 hours of language credit for your high school language classes. See our placement policy at murraystate.edu/globallanguages.
- Combine language learning with any other field of study to expand your career opportunities.
- Fields such as health care, business, marketing, social work, criminal justice, agriculture, law and education need employees with language skills.
- Foreign-language majors are the top-paid liberal arts graduates.
- Understand cultural nuances and connect better with colleagues/clients.
- Help build trust and understanding among nations and peoples.
- Three fourths of the world’s population speak two or more languages.
- Accredited by NAST, National Association of Schools of Theatre. 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, 703-437-0700.
- Begin working onstage and backstage immediately (12 faculty-directed production credits are required to graduate).
- Become a leader and learn to use your talents in the real world.
- Make lasting friendships.
- Small class sizes.
- Low student-faculty ratio means one-on-one attention
Get in touch with us directly, or contact our department chair or administrative assistant:
- Brent Menchinger
- Chair and Professor
- Department of Global Languages and Theatre Arts