How to Apply
The EdD in P-20 and Community Leadership program is designed for candidates who have both the academic requirements and sufficient professional preparation and experiences to suggest success at the doctoral level, as well as success as P-20 leaders. The minimum requirements articulated below qualify applicants for consideration, but do not guarantee admission. Admission is granted on a competitive basis.
- An earned master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Note: STEM Specialization requires a Masters degree in a STEM area;
- A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score, taken since 2011, detailing Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical categories. Note: If applying to the Ed.S. to Ed.D. bridge, a GRE score is not required for applicants with a GPA of 3.5 or above;
- A professional resume;
- Three confidential professional letters of recommendation and completed recommendation forms as outlined in the program application;
- A minimum of three years of successful leadership experience in a pK-12, postsecondary, agriculture, STEM or related community setting;
- A letter of application that addresses applicant’s qualifications and purpose for pursuing the doctorate;
- Professional essays as outlined in the program application;
- A statement of support from the applicant’s employer or a written plan for how the applicant will meet the demands of the program and maintain professional responsibilities. Note: If the employer is providing one of the recommendations, the statement or plan can be included in the letter; and
- A successful interview with the graduate faculty.
Admission is not based on any sole factor but on a combination of the applicant’s academic record and application materials, which describe professional and leadership experiences and academic abilities. Finalists for admission will complete an interview with program faculty to ensure a match between applicant’s abilities and the program’s goals and objectives.
Download the program application - The application can be completed online but must be printed and submitted with required documents.