Application and admission
Applicants with any 4-year Undergraduate degree can apply for the program. (Some 3-year degree programs from India are considered equivalent to 4-year bachelor's degree from the US. Contact the International Admissions office for details). We have an on-going admission process and we review the applications as they are received. The complete application packet includes:
- Official Undergraduate transcript
- Official GRE (or GMAT) score report. Murray State University's Institutional code is 1494. If you are already at Murray State, the GRE may be taken at our Counseling and Testing Center (270-809-6851). Please call and schedule at least three weeks in advance of the date you wish to take the test.
- Additionally, international students whose native language is not English must submit evidence of English proficiency; we accept official TOEFL or IELTS scores as evidence. (Institution code: 1494).
For admission, an applicant
- must have a combined score of 288 or higher in the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the GRE’s Revised General Test (or 980 or better in the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the old GRE or 490 or better in GMAT),
- must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in his/her Undergraduate program, and
- no more than 3 failing grades in the undergraduate transcript.
- In addition, International applicants are required to submit IELTS overall score of 6.0 or higher or TOEFL overall score of 71 or higher.
Domestic Applicants (or International students who are already in the United States), who have not taken the GRE (or GMAT) may be granted provisional admission, provided (a) the applicant has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in his/her Undergraduate program, and (b) no more than 3 failing grades in the undergraduate transcript. To convert to fully-admitted status, the student must submit an official GRE (or GMAT) score report before the end of their first semester in the graduate program. The test score requirements are the same as in regular admission requirements listed above.
For both regular admission and provisional admission, International students must also have met the University’s English proficiency requirements.