Get a head start on your future with the Racer Academy.
Take advantage of dual credit classes at Murray State that are designed with you in mind. Open to high school juniors and seniors, Racer Academy features online and on-campus college classes taught by Murray State faculty in any number of fields.
Meet your high school course requirements while earning college credits. Take those classes at an affordable cost. Shorten the time it takes to earn your college degree. Gain access to state-of-the-art resources like Waterfield Library and Murray State computer labs. The benefits of dual credit courses are endless.
Interested in learning more? Contact your high school guidance counselor or email email@example.com to see how dual credit and the Racer Academy can fit into your class schedule and future plans.
- Applicants must be a high school junior or senior.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or rank in top half of class.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete the Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Application for Admission.
Already started your application, but haven't submitted it yet? Click here to log back into your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
Having problems? Check out the detailed guide on how to apply!
- Submit High School Transcript.
- Submit ACT, or SAT Test scores from the testing agency or posted on your high school transcript.
- Minimum scores required are:
- ACT Composite = 18 or SAT Composite = 870;
- For English Course Requirements: English ACT = 18; Verbal SAT = 450; Verbal SAT=470;
- For Math Course Requirements: Math ACT = 20; Math SAT =490;
- Must meet prerequisites for individual classes
- Recommendation from high school counselor: Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form
- Parent or guardian must sign and complete a Parental Consent and Registration Form.
*Students who have not taken their ACT or SAT yet will not be eligible to participate.Click the arrow for more information
How to apply for admission
- Complete a Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Admission Application.
Needing to log back in to complete your app? Log back in to your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
Having problems? Download the detailed guide on how to apply!
- Select a course from the Course Offerings or on Murray State's class schedule. All Racer Academy class sections begin with "R". Seats in some Racer Academy courses are limited.
- The Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form MUST accompany the Admission Application signed by the high school guidance counselor or principal.
- Have your parent or guardian complete the Parental Consent form.
- Official Transcripts and ACT scores should be submitted along with the application.
- Mail items to:
Murray State University
102 Curris Center
Murray, KY 42071
- The student will be admitted when all required documents have been reviewed, and it is determined that admission requirements have been met.
- After the student is admitted, they will receive a letter from Racer Academy Admissions with their M number and myGate password. If they do not receive a letter before classes start, contact the help desk at 270.809.2346.
- The Registrar's Office will register the student in the course.
- Canvas is the delivery tool for all online courses. Once registered, log into Canvas to see the course. The course will not be available until the first day of class. If a problem occurs, call the Murray State Help Desk at 270.809.2346.
- Tuition and fee expenses can be found on the Racer Academy webpage, or from your guidance counselor, or by calling Jennifer Smith at 270.809.2684. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the University.
- A paper copy of your bill will NOT be sent to you. All billing statements are available to view on the student’s myGate account. Email notifications will be sent when bills are available to view.
- If you wish to drop a class, you need to complete the Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop form.
- An email from the guidance counselor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student(s) name(s) and the course they want to take. A Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form form signed by the guidance counselor and a Parental Consent Form signed by your parent or guardian are also required for each returning student. The counselor can attach a list of returning students to one form.
- Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Application for Admission
Already started an application, but haven't submitted it yet? Log back in to your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form
- Parental Consent/Registration Form
- Withdrawal/Drop Form
Tuition and fees
- The tuition charge is $54.00 per credit hour for ALL Racer Academy courses.
- Any additional course fees are not included in the cost of tuition.
*tuition charges may be subject to change.