Applying to Murray State
Getting in checklist:
We put together a checklist to help guide you through the process of enrolling at Murray State University.Click the arrow for more information
- Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript
- List of Senior Year Courses (if currently in high school)
- Official copy of standardized ACT test score (MSU ACT Code:1532)
- Official College Transcript (if taking college classes while in high school)
- Official AP or CLEP Scores (if taken)
- Residency Documents (if required by Undergraduate Admissions)
- Deadline: All required documents must be received by Undergraduate Admissions at least two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Application and deposit (if living on campus)
- Exemption form (if living in permanent residence within 50 miles of campus)
- Deadline: July 31
- Building preference or roommate preference cannot be guaranteed if application is received after January 1
- Housing cannot be guaranteed for applications received after July 31; applications received after this date will only be assigned as space becomes available
- Application (available online at MSU beginning October 1)
- Required additional documentation
- Recommendation letter and a list of achievements/activities
- Deadline: January 15
- Students should take the ACT before (or during) December for scores to be considered.
4. Financial Aid
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (MSU FAFSA Code: 001977)
- Please visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
5. After Admission
- Make sure any transfer/dual credit or AP credit is sent to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Send official final high school transcript (after graduation) or official college transcript (after finishing the semester/term) to Undergraduate Admissions
- Sign up for and attend one Summer Orientation session (Information available online in March)
In admission criteria you'll find all the documents you'll need have in order to enroll, as well as answers to questions about required high school courses, standardized tests, home-schooling and all the rest.
Don't worry. There's an office full of folks here who really know their stuff. They're all happy to answer any questions you might have and get you enrolled at Murray State correctly and on time.