Opening for Graduate Assistantship Positions
Graduate students that meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for a graduate assistantship should follow the proper steps to completing an application:
- Contact your academic department for any openings
- View published openings of graduate assistantships listed below and contact the office directly if interested
The ideal time to apply for graduate assistantships is May-June for Fall and November for Spring. Offices must have assistantship positions filled by August 1 for the Fall semester. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current OpeningsClick the arrow for more information
Graduate Assistant for Accreditation Office
Murray State University is accredited by the Southern Association for Colleges and
Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and other disciplinary accrediting bodies.
The Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost coordinates all the
necessary documentations for maintaining these accreditations. The Graduate Assistant
position is needed to assist this maintenance effort.
Duties and responsibilities
The Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost is seeking an energetic, independent student who is comfortable in learning a new computer information system and following proper procedures. Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Entering a variety of institutional data
- Verifying and ensuring data accuracy
- Querying and retrieving data from different sources
- Conducting web searches to find information and resources
- Performing other tasks upon request
- Proficiency with word processor and spreadsheet
- Knowledge of database is preferred
- Good written communication and research skills
- Ability to learn a new computer system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform simple statistical analysis
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2018. Review of applicants will begin November 15, 2018. Please no phone calls.
“Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity M/F/D, AA employer”