Interlibrary Loan is a service provided to the patrons of a specific library, when that library participates in the service and abides by the service’s regulations. This means that public library users must ask for assistance at their public library. The MSU Library can only serve its user-group.
Non-university visitors to the MSU Library can inquire at the Information Desk for advice on whom to contact in their home district.
MSU Libraries -- Interlibrary Loan Policies:
- Murray State University faculty, retired faculty, staff and currently enrolled students are allowed to use Interlibrary Loan.
- There is no limit to the amount of requests that one patron may have at one time.
- Interlibrary Loan material that is 21 days overdue will be turned into the Bursar’s office at a rate of $75.00 OR the cost of the replacement, whichever is higher.
- A lending library reserves the right to recall any materials it has lent to our institution, no matter when the due date.
- When a lending library charges a lending fee the patron has until the due date of the material to pay the fee. If the patron has not paid the fee by the due date, the material will be sent back to the lending library and the charges will be sent to the Bursar’s office for collection.
- Renewals for materials will not be granted if the due date of the material has passed. Materials are only allowed one renewal per request.