Please complete section 2a thru 2h on page 1. Then sign and date page 2 and return to the Reference Administrative Assistant, 217 Waterfield Library.
The two library classrooms (Rooms 210 and 211) are to be used for formally scheduled classes, training sessions, workshops, and meetings. It is not to be used as a group study room. Unsupervised students should not be left in the classroom.
Group priority falls in this rank order:
1. library faculty/staff,
2. campus faculty,
3. campus affiliated groups.
Each classroom contains approximately 21 laptop computers, 21 chair-desk modules, an instructor workstation with a dual monitor computer, and projection for presentations. Single chairs are available to provide some additional seating. Please DO NOT REMOVE LAPTOPS FROM THE BACK OF THE STORAGE CABINET.
SCHEDULING A CLASSROOM
The classrooms are available for use Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and closing, if not previously reserved for Library classes or personnel. Weekend hours must be individually worked out with the library to ensure that library staff/faculty are present at the time. The rooms are locked when not in use. Please ask the staff member at the Information Desk to unlock the room for your group, if necessary.
- At least one week before use, contact the Reference Administrative Assistant to reserve the room. Phone number: 809-4816, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- The following information must be provided to complete the reservation:
a. Your name
b. Group or class involved
c. Number of people
d. Mailing/ E-Mail address
e. Phone numbers for day-time contact
f. Date(s) needed
g. Time(s) needed: hours/all day
h. What it will be used for: example: HR Training
1. No beverages or food are permitted in the classroom.
- When booking, you may request a table & trash containers in the hallway for refreshments / meals at break times.
- Tables for individual meals can be used in the library’s coffee shop.
- If you need food delivered for refreshments or meals, please notify the reference administrative assistant or Info Desk staff so that they can direct the caterer. (Please note no food or drinks are allowed IN the classroom).
2. Because the library accommodates classes and groups from across the campus, there are occasional problems with timing. If your session’s ending time causes a conflict with another booking’s beginning time, you may be asked to consider shortening your session to provide that group with time to set up.
3. When finished:
- ensure all the laptops have been:
- SHUT DOWN (not simply logged off)
- Stacked on top of the storage cabinet
- close all windows
- turn off lights
- close door
- notify the Reference Administrative Assistant or staff at the information desk when your meeting is over. (Library staff must check the laptop cabinet if your group has used the laptops, and ensure the room is locked between uses.)
Important: Missing laptops must be replaced. You or your group are responsible for this cost, if it is determined that equipment went missing during your use of the room.
If you have other specific needs, please discuss those with the reference administrative assistant when booking the room. The library reserves the right to deny further use of the room if these guidelines are abused.
Signature of this document indicates acknowledgement and acceptance of the rules and conditions as stated above.