Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
||- Using ILLiad to Request Materials
||- Using Your ILLiad Account
lLLiad: MSU's Interlibrary Loan System
- ILLiad is an Interlibrary Loan system developed by OCLC. With ILLiad, you can access and track your requests from any Web browser, as well as have electronic documents delivered to your desktop. As with MSU's E-Study Center and PIN systems, ILLiad requires a one-time registration process. After you register, you will only need to key in your user ID and password each time you make an Interlibrary Loan request. Your profile information will be stored and automatically inserted into your requests.
What we do for you.
- ILL is a service for Murray State University faculty, staff and students.
- ILL helps you obtain books, periodical articles, and other media that are not available at University Libraries.
- On average articles delivered via electronic delivery takes 1-3 days to arrive. Book takes 6-12 days to arrive, on average.
- Patrons will only be charged a fee if items cannot be borrowed free.
- Patrons will be notified by email or phone that material has arrived for them.
Using ILLiad to get what you need
- Patrons may request ILL material going to the ILLiad homepage and completing the one-time “First Time User” profile information form.
- After completing the form, fill out one request form per request and click “Submit Request.”
- ILLiad allows you to track your material from time submitted to time received along with past request information.
- ILLiad also allows you to renew materials online:
- Logon to ILLiad
- Select an item to renew by clicking on the transaction number under the “Checked Out Items” tab
- Click the “Request Renewal” button, if the “Request Renewal” button is not available renewal will not be allowed
How we Deliver Items to You
- Hold for Pickup-All hardcopy formats will be held for you if you are an undergraduate or graduate Murray State student at the Interlibrary Loan office
- Campus Delivery-All hardcopy formats will be delivered to your departmental office if you are a Murray State faculty or staff member
- Extended Campus-All hardcopy formats will be mailed to your designated campus if you are an extended campus student
- Electronic Delivery-Most all articles will arrive via electronic delivery through your ILLiad account whether you are faculty, staff or student.
For assistance, contact the Interlibrary Loan Office at:
For assistance after hours, contact the Reference Desk at: