Online Books and Digital Collections
Large Digital Collection
- Bartleby.com – Harvard Classics, King James Bible, many reference works
- Bibliomania – Classics, with biographies and study guides
- Google Books – The mammoth digital project from Google; some completely digital, some with preview and contents only. Linked to WorldCat to allow you to locate nearby libraries.
- Digital Book Index – Free registration required; free downloads of open source titles
- Online Books Page from University of Pennsylvania
- Project Gutenberg – One of the largest collections of open source titles
- National Academies Press – Digital non-fiction and textbooks, primarily science and political science
- NetLibrary – eBook collection available on-campus. The MSU Library has purchased a portion of NetLibrary and loaded it into the library’s Catalog – RACERtrac. If you cannot access titles through this connection, please try a search in RACERtrac.
- Free Books 4 Doctors – Free medical texts, by category
- Internet Public Library – “Online Texts” section with a list of digital volumes
- International Children’s Digital Library – Children’s books freely available online
- Book Locator – Books to buy and download
- eBooks.com – Books to buy and download
- Oxford Digital Reference Shelf: – an exciting new initiative offering libraries the opportunity to purchase electronic editions of an expanding range of Oxford's award-winning scholarly reference titles in the Arts, Literature and Language, History and Culture, Science, and Social Sciences.
Large Digital Collections – Manuscripts, Primary documents