The Murray State University Libraries are committed to the needs of the disabled university community and to provide them with access to the Library's materials, resources, and services. The Library staff assists students with special needs with the same priority as other patrons while making accommodations for access to information and materials.
Research assistance is available at the Information Desk during regular library hours or by appointment with a subject librarian. A list of subject specialists can be found here.
Information on building access can be found here.
Equipment in Waterfield Library:
- Scanners: There are five scanners located in the computer labs of Waterfield.
- Low-Vision Reader: A magnifying reader is available.
- Photocopiers: Three are located on the main floor.
- Computer lab printers are available for all labs and wireless laptops at a central location on the main floor. An ADA compliant printer can be found at the printing station.
- An ADA compliant computer dedicated to the library catalog can be found near the Information Desk on the main floor.
- If assistance is needed for these machines or for locating library materials, workers at the Information Desk or Circulation Desk can help
Assistance with the Retrieval of Library Materials:
For assistance retrieving materials from compact or tall shelving, please inquire at the Circulation Desk. If a staff member or student worker is available, your request will be filled immediately. [Patrons must know the call numbers of the books and know which volumes are needed for journals.] Assistance with call numbers and volume numbers can be found at the Information Desk.