Changes have been made to several important employment-related procedures. Below are some of the major changes that need repeated and clarified.
- 30-hour rule for the Healthcare Reform Act – Monitoring will occur for the period Oct.16, 2013 to Oct. 15, 2014 & beyond. Part-time employees working 30 hours or more per week during this monitoring period must be offered health insurance starting Jan. 1, 2015. Other conditions apply.
- Temporary Employees are restricted to a maximum of 40 hours per week for 9 months, then must take a 3 calendar month break. Temporaries who work 20 hours per week can work more than 9 months consecutively.
- Student employment – Maximum 20 work hours per week. Also, job applications will be required in PeopleAdmin effective approximately April 1.
- Independent Contractors or Employees – New forms and process.
- Discretionary spending guideline changes were announced.
Handouts from the sessions are available on the HR home page.
Wednesday, Feb. 19 - 10:00 AM, Noon, & 2:00 PM
Curris Center Mississippi Room
Learn some features of Anthem's coverage and hear ways to save money. Some agenda items are:
- Preventive care
- Healthy Lifestyles and coaching
- 3 programs
--24/7 Nurse Line
--Moms To Be
Presented by representatives from Anthem. Please join us at one of these sessions. No pre-registration is required.
Wednesday, Mar. 5 - 7:30 AM to Noon
Curris Center Cumberland Room
The Spring 2014 Health Fair will feature screenings such as total cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure, BMI, & waist circumference. Participants will also have an opportunity to have an EKG, a one-on-one discussion with health care experts, and health care advice on many topics. Special feature: Walk through a giant colon!
This fair will be sponsored by Lourdes Hospital.
Tuesday, Mar. 4 - 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Curris Center Cumberland Room
The Pre-draw is open to MSU employees, spouses and retirees, and is especially designed for those who cannot attend the Fair on Wednesday, Mar. 5.
- Pre-draw screens for total cholesterol and blood glucose.
- Fast 12 hours prior to the draw, but drink plenty of water before arriving.
- Registration is not required. Draws will be provided on a first-come, first served basis.
Health plan participants must respond to Express Scripts' or Anthems' notices about mail-order maintenance drugs within the time indicated in the chart below to stay with a retail pharmacy or use mail-order service.
Mail-Order Details for High Deductible, Standard, and Enhanced Plans are as follows:
Standard & Enhanced
|Fills Before Required Choice
|New Card Needed?
||No New Card
During 2014, ING U.S. will become known as Voya Financial. You will begin to see the new name in the market during 2014 as the various ING U.S. businesses and legal entities transition to Voya Financial.
Until further notice, a justification must be sent to VPs before any job is approved for a search. Also, job postings must be posted for MSU employees on the employee tab on myGate for 5 business days before external advertising can begin. The HR homepage has an overview of the revised hiring process.
Click the Staff link on the left column of the HR home page to see the entire HR staff & their photos. On the "Who Does What in HR" link from the Staff page, see the entire list of HR services along with the HR staff member who handles each service.
We're Social. So, join us....
Asst. Benefits Manager
Coordinator of Employment & Compensation
Employment Spec- Non-exempt Hiring
Employment Spec-Exempt Hiring
Administrative Assistant I
Employee Relations, Training and Workers' Comp
Manager of Employee Relations & Training
General HR Questions
Director of HR
--Return to Top--