What are the criteria for participation?
Resident of Western Kentucky, Northwestern Tennessee, or Eastern Missouri (View target area)
- Applicant must be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grade and have completed Algebra I and one year of high school science
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a Math/Science GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Commit to two four-week components for the summer program (first four weeks are off-site; second are on the Murray State campus)
- Desire to pursue a math or science career in the future
- Meet U.S. Department of Education guidelines for taxable income and/or be a potential first generation college student
- Release and consent forms for academic and medical information
- Statement of academic and career interests
- Recommendations indicating high potential for post-secondary success from each of
- School Counselor
- Math Teacher
- Science Teacher
How do I apply for AIMS?
You can also see your school counselor who can print it for you if needed.
The application is only part of the process. Please see the Checklist for a complete list of needed information to complete your file.
What is a Bridge Student?
The bridge component is for participants who have successfully completed at least one summer program prior to entering the 12th grade. During the summer program, bridge students enroll in 6-8 hours of college level courses at Murray State University. Fees are covered by AIMS and Federal Financial Aid. At the end of the summer, the top two students may be awarded a $500 scholarship to attend Murray State University.
See Bridge Component for more information!
How can I contact the AIMS Office?
240 Blackburn Science Building
Murray, KY 42071
Main Office: 270-809-5429
Toll Free: 877-424-6777
You can also view our Staff page if you wish to contact someone directly.