Welcome to Murray State!
Congratulations on your decision to join Murray State University and pursue a career at one of The Chronicle for Higher Education’s "Great Colleges to Work For." You will find Murray is a welcoming diverse community that offers many opportunities personally and professionally. On behalf of Murray State faculty and staff we welcome you and look forward to having you as part of our community.
Starting a new job is exciting, and it can also create elements of uncertainty. There
are forms to complete, actions to take, and new systems and processes to learn. This
website aims to help you navigate the resources and information to help you feel comfortable
as you begin your new job. You will find items that you need to complete prior to
coming to campus and additional information to support your transition to Murray.
In most cases, you will not need to know or do everything at once, so feel free to
explore this website at your own pace and at your own convenience.
Below you will find tasks that you need to complete. Prior to your first day of employment, you will receive an email from the Benefits Staff Team highlighting the necessary tasks for you to complete. Please take a look at the New Hire Checklist. The email correspondence will include the retirement forms for your position and a link to our online benefit portal, Benefitfocus. You will have 30 days from your employment date to complete your retirement forms and complete your online benefit enrollment.
Click the arrow for more information
Before You Arrive
- Parking permit – Temporary permits can be requested during transition.
- Explore your benefits
- Locate acceptable documents for your Employment Eligibility Verification, and bring it with you on your first day.
- Look at holiday schedule
- Faculty Resource
- Review Faculty Handbook
- Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual
Your First Week
- New Hire Checklist
- Your I-9 must be completed in Human Resources (412 Sparks Hall), on or before your third day of work. Please bring your acceptable documents with you to complete the form. List of acceptable documents for I-9
- Sign all policy acknowledgments – provided in HR when you complete your I-9
- Complete Federal and State tax forms in payroll department on 2nd floor Sparks Hall
- Direct Deposit – 2nd Floor of Sparks Hall
Your First 30 days
- Enroll in your benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary benefits, etc.) - See instructions in welcome email.
- New Hire Logon Instructions
- Print and return the retirement forms to Human Resources – See forms attached to your
* Some retirement systems have default accounts if you do not make a selection within your first 30 days of employment. To avoid losing the ability to choose please follow the deadline above.
- When do I receive my first paycheck?
Payroll Calendar - Biweekly
Payroll Calendar - Monthly
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities.
- Find out what's happening by reviewing previous issues of Racer Nation Information.
- Qualifying Life Event. A change in your situation – like getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage – that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Racer Wellness program
Obtaining Log in Credentials
Get to know Campus
- Strategic Initiatives Plan
- Residential Colleges
- Colleges, Schools, and Departments
- Regional Campuses
- Campus Resources
- Miller Golf Course
- CFSB Center
- Racer Wellness
- Wellness Center
- Tuition Waiver
- Connect with Human Resources staff
- Holiday Calendar
- Student Intervention Team