1. Most bomb threats are received by telephone, although some may be made via e-mail or letter. If any form of bomb threat is received, remain calm and obtain as much of the following information as possible:
- Location of bomb
- Expected time of explosion
- The bomb type
- Reason it was placed
- The name or affiliation of the caller
2. Immediately call MSU Police at 911 or 2222. Provide the dispatcher with all information obtained, most importantly, any specific details concerning location and/or time.
3. Do not touch or move unfamiliar objects. If the threat is made by note or mail, do not handle. Wait for Police to arrive.
4. The building coordinator, department chair and MSU Police will determine whether evacuation is warranted. If the building is evacuated, account for all building occupants at the designated meeting area.