Parking regulations |Accessible parking | Student Accessible parking permit application | Faculty/Staff Accessible parking permit application | Dos and don'ts | Parking maps
The following fee shall be assessed to all Murray State University students, faculty and staff members who wish to park on campus:
- $75 (BOR approved June 2014) per year — August to August — this fee covers the fall, spring and all summer sessions.
- Freshmen residents in the north residential college complex are required to purchase a parking permit ($75- BOR approved June 2014) and park in the large lot at Roy Stewart Stadium. After the permit is posted to students account and verified as freshmen lot at Roy Stewart Stadium, a $30(BOR approved June 2014) credit will be applied to the freshman’s account. The final cost to these students is $45
- A prorated fee for the summer semester only will be $18.75. This fee covers the summer sessions beginning after Spring graduation and ending before the next academic year begins Aug 15th .
- Motorcycle/scooters permits may be obtained free of charge, if a permanent permit has already been purchased. Otherwise, the cost will be $75.
- MOPEDS (see definitions last page of document) must be registered and must display a valid Murray State University motorcycle parking permit. MOPEDS must park in designated motorcycle areas ONLY. Under no circumstances are mopeds permitted to park on sidewalks, grass, bicycle racks, or areas not designated for vehicle parking.
In the case of a lost or stolen permit an affidavit must be completed at Public Safety . The fee for a replacement permit is $37.50 (BOR approved June 2014).
Retired MSU faculty and staff are eligible for a parking permit at no cost. An application for a parking permit may be obtained at Public Safety . To be considered in this category the individual must have five years of service and must have had permit(s) before retirement. NOTE: A person retired from Murray State who returns to work for the university in any capacity will be considered an employee and is required to purchase a permit. All parking regulations, including parking zones and fines, apply to retired faculty and staff displaying permit.
Visitor and guest parking permits are available at Public Safety . There is no charge for a visitor/guest permit .