Anthem BCBS Health Insurance Plans
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health Insurance Plans
Murray State University offers three medical plan options: a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA), the Standard PPO and Enhanced PPO Plan.
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account
The Murray State’s HDHP is designed to encourage you to take a more active role in your health. While deductibles are higher with this plan, your out-of-pocket costs can be offset by a health savings account to help you pay for medical, dental, or vision care tax-free. When you choose the HDHP option for 2012, you can set up a bank account called a health savings account (HSA) that you can use to help pay your deductible and coinsurance.
Standard and Enhanced PPO Options
Both are traditional PPO (preferred provider organization) medical options. For most medical care, you pay a percentage of the covered cost after the deductible. You can receive medical care from network providers or go outside the network and pay more.
All medical plans:
- Offer coverage in- and out-of-network. You save money when you choose doctors or facilities in Anthem’s network. Find a complete list of in-network providers at www.anthem.com.
Cover 100% of the cost of many preventive procedures - with no co-pay and no deductible - when you receive care from a network provider (limitations may apply).
- Pay a portion of the cost of care for other medical services after you meet your deductible.
- Include a cap on the amount you may spend out of pocket (including the deductible) each year - maximum out of pocket.
- Include prescription drug coverage.
- Include birth control pills under the copay program.
- Include step-therapy program to steer members to generic Rx alternatives.
- Cover hearing aids and related services for persons under age 18. One hearing aid per ear every 36 months.
- Include separate in- and out-of-network services for deductibles and out-of-pocket limits.
- May include both the office visit co-pay and co-insurance for other services rendered in provider’s office.
- Have an unlimited lifetime maximum.