President's Commission on Student Retention
Purpose and Charge
- To provide advice, counsel and assistance to the Murray State University Vice President for Student Affairs and Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs in the formation of a comprehensive, strategic and cohesive campus-wide plan for the retention of students and assist with subsequent implementation.
- To provide leadership for planning, developing, assessing and improving Murray State University’s retention efforts across all areas of the University in order to meet retention and graduation rate goals established by the Council on Postsecondary Education and the Murray State University Board of Regents.
- To identify best retention practices centered around policies, services and programs across academic and student affairs units.
- To address and remedy identified needs and concerns and monitor implementation and effectiveness of new and existing retention initiatives.
- To promote and sustain strategic focus of the University community on issues of retention and graduation rates.
Ms. Courtney Bourne, Student Government Association
Dr. Renae Duncan*, Associate Provost, Undergraduate Education Academic Affairs
Ms. Jessica Evans, Coordinator of Institutional Assessment, Institutional Effectiveness Office
Mr. Dan Lavit, Assistant Dean, Center for Continuing Education and Academic Outreach
Dr. Paul Lucko, Associate Professor, Department of Community Leadership and Human Services
Mr. Kenny Fister, Senior Lecturer/Chair, Department of Mathematics and Statistics/Residential College Heads Council
Ms. Judith Lyle, Associate Director, Health Services
Dr. James Mantooth*, Director of Retention Services, Residential Halls/Housing
Ms. Tracy Roberts, Registrar, Office of the Registrar
Ms. Olympia Stewart, Coordinator, Advising Center Operations Center for Academic Advising
Mr. Benjamin Stinnett, Retention Specialist, Student Affairs
Dr. Edward Thome, Chair/Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Dr. Tim Todd, Dean, Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business
Ms. Peggy Whaley, Coordinator, Advising Center Communications Center for Academic Advising
Mr. Mike Young**, Interim Associate Vice President, Student Affairs
Dr. Jay Morgan**, Provost and Vice President, Academic Affairs
Dr. Don Robertson**, Vice President, Student Affairs
Ms. Shanna Burgess, Director, Student Support Services
Ms. Velvet Wilson, Director, Student Disability Services
Mr. S. G. Carthell, Director, Multicultural Affairs
Mr. Fred Dietz, Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
Dr. Adam Murray, Dean, University Libraries