The Dunker’s Challenge Student Emergency Fund was established in 2018 to assist Murray State University students who encounter emergency or catastrophic events that could prevent them from either continuing their education at Murray State or who live on campus and require emergency housing/dining over a semester or holiday break.
The Dunker’s Challenge Student Emergency Fund is a University-wide initiative and coordinated between the Murray State Foundation and the offices of Student Affairs, Student Engagement and Success, Financial Aid and University Advancement..
Types of Emergencies
- Tuition assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Book vouchers
- Lodging and meals over holiday breaks
- Campus housing assistance
- Possible application fee's, etc
YOUR Gift will have the following impact on a student’s Murray State experience:
- $10 – one day of meals over a holiday break
- $30 – one night stay in a residential college and one day of meals over a holiday break
- $100 – transportation assistance
- $250 – support for a student after a fire to replace academic books and materials
- $500 – assistance for a student who has exhausted all financial options and may not be able to return to finish their degree
Fundraising for the Dunker’s Challenge Emergency Fund launched in February 2018. It is our intention to make funding available to students by the fall semester of 2018. Details on the application process and funding guidelines will be made available at that time.