Important Dates in the 2018-2019 Academic Year for 2019-2020 Awards
- September 1: Scholarship Application Opens for 2019-2020
- October 1: FAFSA Opens for 2019-2020
- December 1: General Scholarship Application Deadline for Presidential Fellowship consideration for 2019-2020 (4:30 p.m.)
- February 1: General Scholarship Application Deadline for 2019-2020 (4:30 p.m.)
- February 9: Presidential Fellowship Competition (Invitation Required)
- March 15: Awards Letters Sent Via Mail & Email
- May 1: National Scholarship Acceptance Deadline
- June 1: Non-Traditional Student & Graduate Student-Specific Scholarships Deadline
All undergraduate students must file and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to receive any university scholarships and/or discounts.
Murray State University offers two categories of scholarships
- Academic achievement scholarships
- only for incoming freshmen
- awarded at time of admission
- awarded first-come, first-serve basis
- Competitive scholarships
- requires students to complete the Murray State General Scholarship Application
- awarded after application deadline
- students must apply every year via myGate, on the Financial Aid section.
- Competitive scholarships are not awarded until after the application deadline.
- Take your time to submit a thorough, complete application.
- Not following directions or not completing all requirements of the application process may result in elimination from the selection process.