For more details, see the Graduate Education site.
To apply for admissions to Murray State University, applicants may apply online or may download a printable application.
Graduate procedures overview
- Complete application online or complete a paper application and mail or fax. Both application methods require a $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Request that an official transcript be mailed directly to Admissions from each college you have attended. If you attended Murray State and have previously had your college transcripts sent, you will not need to request new copies unless you are notified by Graduate Admissions that they are required. Mailing address: Graduate Admissions and Records, B2 Sparks Hall, Murray, KY 42071
- If you are from IL, IN, KY, MO, or TN mail (or FAX to 270-809-6125) a copy of your driver's license, and your most recent vehicle registration with your application. Admissions is required by KY statute to document residency for tuition purposes.
- If you have previously attended MSU under another name and you have not already requested an official name change, mail in with your application a copy of your social security card and the name change request form.
- If you are applying for any program in the field of Education, mail (or FAX to 270-809-6125) with your application a copy of your current teaching certificate.
Admission requirements for graduate students
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 for possible conditional admission
- Approval of academic department (Admissions submits documents to the department.)
- GMAT or GRE is required for admission to MBA
- GRE is required for some programs
- Master of Arts: MA
- Master of Arts in Education: MAE
- Master of Arts in Teaching: MAT
- Master of Business Administration: MBA
- Master of Fine Arts: MFA
- Master of Music Education: MME
- Master of Public Administration: MPA
- Master of Science: MS
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: DNP
- Doctor of Arts: DA
- Doctor of Education: EdD
- Specialist in Education: Ed.S