Application and admission
Applicants with any 4-year Undergraduate degree can apply for the program. Completed applications packets from domestic students must be received by December 1st for Spring admission, and by June 1st for Fall admissions. Applications from International students must be received by October 14th for Spring admission, and May 1st for Fall admissions. The complete application packet includes:
- Official Undergraduate transcript
- Official GRE (or GMAT) score report. Murray State University's Institutional code is 1494. If you are already at Murray State, the GRE may be taken at our Counseling and Testing Center (270-809-6851). Please call and schedule at least three weeks in advance of the date you wish to take the test.
- A current résumé and
Additionally, international students whose native language is not English must submit evidence of English proficiency; we accept official TOEFL or IELTS scores as evidence. (Institution code: 1494). See Proficiency requirements for details.
For admission, an applicant
- must have a combined score of 288 or higher in the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the GRE’s Revised General Test (or 980 or better in the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the old GRE or 490 or better in GMAT),
- must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in his/her Undergraduate program, and
- no more than 3 failing grades in the undergraduate transcript.
Domestic Applicants (or International students who are already in the United States), who have not taken the GRE (or GMAT) may be granted provisional admission, provided (a) the applicant has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in his/her Undergraduate program, and (b) no more than 3 failing grades in the undergraduate transcript. To convert to fully-admitted status, the student must submit an official GRE (or GMAT) score report before the end of their first semester in the graduate program. The test score requirements are the same as in regular admission requirements listed above.
For both regular admission and provisional admission, International students must also have met the University’s English proficiency requirements.