Please take time to review the information listed on this page. Recent updates have resulted in changes to our ordering system.
Your transcript is the official permanent record of all the courses you have attended at Murray State University. Classes you have attended at other institutions show on your University transcript as well. Murray State has authorized National Student Clearinghouse to manage the ordering, processing and secure delivery of student transcripts. National Student Clearinghouse offers:
- Secure online access to request your transcript anytime.
- Email notification when transcripts are processed and received.
- Online tracking ability.
- The option to request electronic delivery of your transcript to participating schools.
Requesting a Transcript
MSU transcript requests can be made through the National Student Clearinghouse website. To ensure proper student matching you will be asked for your:
- Date of birth.
- Student ID number (M#). If unknown, please enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Email address.
Information privacy policies require that you provide NSC with a signed form authorizing release of your academic transcript before your order can be processed. You may use the electronic signature or you can choose to print out a release form. Return the signed release form to NSC in order for your transcript to be processed.
The transcript cost is based on the method of delivery. The fees are:
- $10.25-paper delivery. The transcript will be printed on security paper and sent through USPS or held for pick-up.
- $10.25-electronic delivery to a participating school or organization. The ETX transcripts have a blue ribbon for authentication.
- $12-PDF delivery to a school, yourself, or a third party. NOTE: PDF transcripts are only available for students who attended MSU in the fall of 2000 or later.
Transcripts must be paid by credit card at the time of order. National Student Clearinghouse accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. During the ordering process you will be able to see the exact charge prior to entering your credit card information.
Transcript Pick-Up Instructions
Students (former and current) may pick-up transcripts in person by coming to the Office of the Registrar, 1st Floor Sparks Hall, with a valid driver's license or form of photo identification. Review our Office Hours to find the best time to pick-up a transcript. Transcripts will be available within 3-5 business days.
During regular processing periods, official transcript requests are generally printed and mailed within 3-5 business days from the receipt of the transcript request. However during certain peak times, transcript processing may require additional time due to the volume of requests received. Processing time does not reflect delivery time to or from the University. Please check the University Calendar regarding business and holiday closure.
After submitting your student information to National Student Clearinghouse, you may receive a message that a student record was not found or that you have a hold. You may still complete your request by clicking "Next" and continuing through the ordering process. Students with outstanding financial obligations or other outstanding holds that prevent the release of their academic record, have the responsibility to clear these holds in order to obtain their transcript. Any hold information will be sent to you at the email address you provide to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Degrees are conferred for up to six weeks after graduation, please plan accordingly.
- Only choose "After Degree Conferred" if you are graduating this term. Submit your term, degree and major.
- "Hold for Grades" transcripts will not be printed until the end of the term you have chosen.
- Attachments to be sent with your transcript must be included in your online transcript request. You may upload a maximum of two documents to your transcript request . Supported format(s) are: JPG, DOC or PDF.
For additional assistance with requesting transcripts, please contact us at email@example.com or 270.809.5032.